perl problems [SUMMARY]

Martin martin.akesson@swipnet.se
Tue Aug 31 23:49:00 GMT 1999

I missed the original post...

But i haven't had any problems with ActivePerl under bash.
I have a symlink to /perl/bin/perl.exe in /usr/bin
and added the /perl/bin directory to the path in bash.

For some reason i have also made a /usr/bin/perl.bat with the
very simple content:
/perl/bin/perl.exe %1&

But i can no longer remember why??? =/

/martin

>Markus Hoenicka wrote:
>>
>> I'm no perl geek, but I need to run a few perl scripts on my
machine. I
>> first tried Activestate's perl binaries. They work well and the
scripts
>> I need also install and run well - but this perl won't run in a
bash,
>> due to Win/Unix path incompatibilities, as I guess.
>>
>> Next tried the cygwin perl ports at http://cygutils.netpedia.net/ .
>> tried both the statically linked and the dynamically linked
versions
>> (binary version 1.4). which perl shows that I pick up the correct
binary
>> (not the Activestate stuff).
>>
>> When I try to install the modules I need (XML-Parser-2.26,
XML-DOM-1.24,
>> DelimMatch-1.04, dtdparse-2.0a2) with tar -xzf..., perl
Makefile.PL,