perl problems (using ActiveState's perl from CYGWIN)

Markus Hoenicka mhoen@farmr1.med.uth.tmc.edu
Tue Aug 31 23:49:00 GMT 1999

Geoff Hart wrote:

> In case anyone is interested in using Activestate's Perl distribution with
> CYGWIN, I have made a small tool that seems to work.  It's a "perl.exe"
> executable, which translates the command line arguments from Cygwin to
> Win32,
> then invokes the perl interpreter *directly* from the Activestate .dll (I
> didn't want to spawn a subprocess).

That sounds cool. It may still be tricky to call from within shell
scripts, but I guess I can figure out a way to do it.

> I would like to put this new perl.exe on an ftp server, if someone is
> willing
> to host it.  It's 49k big.

As a short-term solution, I could offer a few kb of my homepage (I keep
some cygwin ports of scientific software there). This is only http, but
with 49k I wouldn't care. On the long run, you might ask the guys at
ftp.franken.de (Michael Hirmke, mh@mike.franken.de) for a homestead.

Thanks
Markus
--