Newbie C questions

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Aug 31 23:49:00 GMT 1999

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 09:58:00PM +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
>>I use the Watcom compiler, but I can't get it to
>>compile with the Cygnus port of GCC. The include
>>file conio.h is not being found. conio.h exists
>>in one of the subdirectories of Cygnus, but GCC
>
>Your setup seems to be, uhm a bit chaotic.
>Please paste the output of
>   cygcheck -s -v -r
>to a mail to this list. Perhaps we can see, what's
>going wrong.

Actually, I'm confused by the wording here.  How do you get a
Watcom compiler to compile using a cygnus port of gcc?

What does Watcom have to do with Cygwin gcc?

Possibly, 'gcc -v' might help since it will show you where
gcc is looking for include files.  Either that or just
adding the -I switch may do the job.

-chris