Insight works, but not tkinfo

Dirk Fieldhouse fieldhouse@logica.com
Wed Dec 15 18:03:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:23:36 -0500, DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com> responded to my

>...>
>> I'm wondering if there's an issue with any of the tcl/tk library scripts

with

> TCL isn't a cygwin-aware program.  It won't know about mount points
> and such, so you have to be careful about where you put files that
> tcl/tk apps need to find.  They need to be in "identy mounted"
> directories, so that the posix<->win32 mapping doesn't matter (the
> paths are the same either way).

But I have essentially the same scheme in 2 machines (W95 and NT4), where the W95 case works without being identity-mounted, as per the example:

    exec wish /usr/src/tkinfo/tkinfo "$@"

Here c:\Program Files\Gnu is mounted as /usr (text!=bin)

Weirdness rules.

/df