daemonizing don't work no mo'

Steve Biskis mlx@san.rr.com
Sat Feb 13 08:50:00 GMT 1999

Hello fellow cygwinners,

It looks as though my method of daemonizing stopped working
under b 20.1 !!!  I wrote my own version of the typical "daemonize"
function long ago.  Has always worked fine under UNIX and did under
b19.x as well.  But now that I upgraded to b20.1:

If  I run an app from a dos shell that calls my daemonize() function,
it releases the shell O.K., ie. I get the prompt back.  However, if I
then close that shell, my daemon dies with it.

Somebody just doesn't want to let go.  What's changed ???

Thanks in advance,

Steve B.