Win98 and arrow keys: AGAIN AND AGAIN :-(((

Serguei DACHIAN Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr
Thu Feb 18 16:32:00 GMT 1999

At 14:54 17/02/99 +0100, Anders Berggren <qbcanbo@ebc.ericsson.se> wrote:
> I found this question in the archives for November and December, but I
> found no answer.
>
> I've got a new computer with Win98 installed and the second to first
> thing I installed (after emacs) was of course cygwin (20.0beta). I am
> shocked with grief to see that the arrow keys are not working at all!
> What is a shell without arrow keys? It has a horrible MS-DWARF feeling
> over it...
>
> I'm using the Swedish version of Win98 (and I heard that the French and
> German versions too are malfunctional). I would be pleased to say the
> least if someone has a solution to my (our?) problem.
>
> I forgot to mention: If I use the numpad without numlock, 8, 4, 6 and 2
> works as the arrow keys. But this is still no solution - they are too
> far away from my fingers. :o)

Yes, indeed I have posted this question several times for French Win98, and
I think German version was reported also.  So it seems that all "non
english" versions of Win98 have this problem (otherwise, if for someone this
works, let us know).

Still no reponse!!!

I do know that CygWin developpers are not paid for developping it, neither
for technical support via this ML, but I wonder if such a "global" problem
don't interest/bother them, and if they realy don't have an idea what is
going wrong in their code.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
                        Sergei.

P.S. Thanks for the information about "8, 4, 6 and 2", Anders. I haven't
noticed that.
Serguei DACHIAN
Laboratoire de Statistique et Processus,
Universite du Maine, Av. Olivier Messiaen
72085 Le Mans CEDEX 9, FRANCE
Tel.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 37 18
Fax.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 35 79
E-mail : Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr