ls and long file names

Jose I. Cabrera jicman@cinops.xerox.com
Sun Feb 28 23:02:00 GMT 1999


Well, I tend to disagree that "...it's impossible to get the names
lined up in columns..."

Thanks for the info.

jose


----- Original Message ----- 
From: Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU>
To: Jose I. Cabrera <jicman@cinops.xerox.com>
Cc: <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 1999 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: ls and long file names 


>"Jose I. Cabrera" <jicman@cinops.xerox.com> writes:
>> 
>> Does anyone have any kind of idea on how to fix this?  I tried all kinds of s
>> witches and got no different result.
>
>Sure, just delete the longer filenames ;-) ls tries to make the listing
>nice and tidy, and having a long pathname like you do, it's impossible
>to get the names lined up in columns.
>
>Regards,
>Mumit
>
>


--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com




More information about the Cygwin mailing list