bash bug

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 23:02:00 GMT 1999

---Aldo Mazzilli <aldo.mazzilli@inria.fr> wrote:

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >
> > Which tclsh are you using?  The one supplied with the cygwin package
> > or the native built one?
> >
> > I suspect the problem is with the [no]tty setting of the CYGWIN
> > environment variable.  It should be notty if you're communicating
with
> > non-cygwin executables.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Earnie.
> >
> > ---Aldo Mazzilli <aldo.mazzilli@inria.fr> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've written a TCL script which does the following things :
> > >
> > >       1 --> gets a Shell command from stdin
> > >       2 --> open a Bash shell within a pipe
> > >       3 --> puts the command on the pipeline
> > >       4 --> gets the result
> > >
> > > PROBLEM :
> > > I can't get any results after the 4th step with Cygnus Solution
: :-(
> > > I get the right result with MKS KSH or UWIN KSH :  :-)
> > > Can you give me any reason, please ???
> > >

> Thanks Earnie for your so quick response.
> I use the native tclsh 8.1 because Cygwish freeze with my script.
> I've tried setting CYGWIN=tty or notty  but nothing to do ...
>
> Any other ideas ??

Nope! :-(

Here's a test script.  For this bug.

-----
#!/usr/bin/cygtclsh80

set p1 [open |bash r+]

#NOTE: it doesn't matter if it is bash or sh

puts $p1 ls
flush $p1

gets $p1 lsline
puts $lsline
#end of script
-----

The bug is that the script will hang at the `gets $p1 lsline'.  It
should get the first line of the directory listing and print it one
the console.
==