TCSH question ...

Corinna Vinschen corinna.vinschen@cityweb.de
Sun Feb 28 23:02:00 GMT 1999

Hi Geoff,

if you have followed the mount point discussion, it was a problem with
an awry installation. I don't know, what you have done in the meantime and
how your installation looks like, but it would be positiv, if you search
for a second cygwin1.dll in your search path.

The non-working arrow keys are strange, because they are default key binding.
Do you have done a `set history = 25' or whatever value, you want to scroll
back in your commands? This is needed in tcsh, to get history and it should
be done in your .cshrc file. It's the best place for such things. Another
possibility is a false term setting. If you are using the standard console
window for input, try `setenv TERM cygwin' which points to a builtin termcap
entry or, if you are using ncurses or an external termcap file (regarding
the usage of the right tcsh from my package), try `setenv TERM linux'.
Both possibilities should work.

Hope this helps,
Corinna