port of DHCP server

Steve Hein ssh@sgi.com
Sun Feb 28 23:02:00 GMT 1999

** sorry if this is a repeat--I was having problems w/ my mail program and I
   wasn't sure this was actually sent! **

Has anyone out there tried/succeeded to port the ISC beta version 2 DHCP
server?  I've tried, but not with much success......

1)  My Win98 (B20.1) system has 2 ethernet adapters, and it seems that the
    SIOCGIFCONF ioctl doesn't work right for multiple adapters  (I got
    back 2 ifreq entries, first one had no name and Family=0, second one
    was one of my ethernet adapters, but of course not the one I wanted
    the DHCP server to use!).  I kludged in an ifreq entry for the other
    ethernet adapter card and got the server to start listening.

2)  I have a DHCP client that I have verified is sending broadcast packets
    as it should, but the DHCP server never receives them.  (Actually, if I
    run the DHCP client on the same box as the server, then the server
    receives the packets, but it doesn't receive them from a remote host).

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Steve Hein
ssh@sgi.com