assistance with diff files

Todd Goodman tsg1@earthlink.net
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I've had this problem with patch under 19.1 and fixed it by rebuilding patch
or taking the patch that's in the CVS release (either one worked for me).

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnu-win32@cygnus.com [ mailto:owner-gnu-win32@cygnus.com]On
Behalf Of Mumit Khan
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 1999 3:40 PM
To: Jhmorris
Cc: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: assistance with diff files

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Jhmorris wrote:

> I downloaded Mumit Khan's diff files to patch the source tree for
> egcs-1.1.1, but I keep getting the following message: 'patch: **** can't
> rename 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/po001012' to 'gcc/Makefile.in' : File exists'.
> Iam running patch on Cygwin B.20.1 using the -p1 -s line arguments that
> Khan said to use to apply the patch. Any assistance would be
> appreciated.

I don't use Cygwin to do any development, so I can't tell what the problem
is with patching.

One thing you may want to try is the following:

  - copy the patch file to the top of your egcs-1.1.1 source tree.
  - cd to egcs-1.1.1 toplevel
  - try to patch:

    $ patch -p1 -i egcs-1.1.1-x86-win32.diff

Good luck.

Regards,
Mumit

-