Cygwin Beta 20.1 features and tools

R I Feigenblatt docdtv@earthlink.net
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I recently ran across your project and started using the software.
I am delighted at all the functionality I now enjoy under Windows.

I have a problem using "bash" on Windows 98. (Beta 20.1).
I can highlight and copy stuff from the "DOS box" in which "bash"
runs, but I cannot paste stuff INTO it. This reminds me of similar
problems I had in using Tcl/Tk on Windows 95 while it was Sun work.

Cut-and-paste is so VERY important for high productivity in the
Windows environment that I encourage this be mended before other stuff.

As a work-around for a common task which is a consequence of this
problem, I wrote a shell script which saves me from typing long
directory path names by allowing me to navigate the file system
tree via sequential menus. I call it "monkey" (it climbs the trees!)

"monkey" is free GPL'ed software I have posted at:
	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/6664/

As I use Cygwin, I may post additional tools I write there.
"monkey" appears to work, but it is alpha as I expect to add
more features.

Keep up the good work Cygnus Solutions!
Ron Feigenblatt

-