missing entry point _ctype_ in cygwin1.dll

Glenn Spell glenn@gs.fay.nc.us
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

  [posted and mailed]
tprince@cat.e-mail.com wrote:

> While attempting to build egcs, I get a crash message indicating
> that a program is looking for a missing entry point _ctype_ in
> cygwin1.dll.  Under W95, the indication is that conftest.exe has
> tried to link with this; under NT there is no such message, but it
> occurs when attempting to link genopenit.  I believe that conftest
> is a program which autoconf generates to test gcc features.  I
> have re-installed from full.exe recently, hoping to make sure I
> have a reasonable standard installation.  What have I done
> wrong?  Have I got left-over .o files from a dev-src installation
> which aren't compatible?

You must be mixing components from both B20.1 and B21. Programs
linked against the B21 cygwin library will need a B21 dll because
'__ctype__' is exported differently in B21.

A quick work-around may be to grab the dll from the winsup-
snapshot directory at Cygnus and use it until you have rebuilt
everything with the B20.1 libraries... it's backwards compatible.

To use the new newlib-snapshot with B20.1, replace the following
two files with the stock B20.1 versions:
  newlib/libc/include/ctype.h
  newlib/libc/posix/execvp.c

-glenn

--