[B20.1] GTK hanging

Charles Wilson cwilson@ee.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

> I'm working on moving the GIMP and support (GTK, GLIB) over to the new
B20
> codebase.  It appears that there may be some kind of a looping bug in
the
> code.  When I run one of the GTK test programs, it pegs the CPU and
just
> hangs.  This code worked fine under B19, so it would appear that
something
> has changed.  I have captured a full trace if there is anyone that
would be
> willing to look at it.  I don't want to force all on the list to see
the
> whole thing, but the end of the capture certainly appears to be
looping on
> something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> [ Capture outtake ]
>
> <snip>

Craig -

I don't know how to capture a trace, but your description this parallels
my experience with xfs.exe. I was using your version of xfs with B19.x,
but now when I use it (having copied cygwin1.dll to cygwinb19.dll), it
also pegs the CPU and just hangs. I've tried both the original B20.1
cygwin1.dll and the latest coolview. Don't know if this helps; just
another data point.

Chuck Wilson

-