Mingw32 egcs 1.1.1, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX and CreateProcess

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Gilles Depeyrot <Gilles.Depeyrot@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm having a problem with Mingw32 egcs-1.1.1 concerning the
> GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable.
>
> I launch and run egcs from inside an Win32 application using
> a call to CreateProcess. This works fine except for the fact
> that in this case, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX *must* be defined or I get
> an error message:
>
> gcc: installation problem, unable to exec `cpp'

Thanks for this very useful data point. I'm not sure why, but
my guess is that CreateProcess does not fill in the argv[0] with
the full pathname, and then GCC can't figure out where to look.

This is also useful for folks using IDEs such as Quincy or Vide
with mingw or cygwin.

Regards,
Mumit

-