Error: No more files

Ian Collins ianc@kiwiplan.co.nz
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I am running an application that has open 28 files during normal operation
(ISAM database).
As part of this processing, another process is forked. During the execution
of this process,
I get the error message,

"Cannot make pipes for command substitution: No more files".

The process seems to complete OK however (exit status 0).

I don't see this error message on other applications that open less files.

What are the limits? Are they configurable?

I am running NT4 SP3 (i586)..

Regards,
Ian Collins.

-