XShm lacking in the Xext library

Sebastien Carpe scarpe@atos-group.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I downloaded the X11R6.4 release, applyed the ptch from Sergey and fiddle in
the Xext directory so that it includes XShm.c and recompiled. Unfortunately, i
didn't succeed to ake dll, but since i don't really understand how it really
works, that was to be exspected... So i did a static libXext2 with XShm support
and managed to compile E successfully (still had to patch to make button work
... for some reason, getpwd didn't extract the shell path from /etc/passwd...)
NB: i did make use of libcygipc somewhere but don't remind where...
At the moment, i managed to have gtk/glib 1.1.12 working, imlib, Eterm and
enlightenement. I'll be moving forward to meet gnome in the next few weeks)

-