Question regarding C++

SWarsMatt@aol.com SWarsMatt@aol.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

msingh@dataworks.com (Mukesh Singh) wrote:
>I went through whole of FAQ but I could not find the answer of my question
>that

>Can I use Cygwin development tools to develop C++ programs as you have
>mentioned only about C programs ?

Yes, Cygwin uses the egcs compiler which has very good C++ standard compliance
compared to most compilers (especially on Windows systems - who knows when
Microsoft will fix their template support in Visual C++). I have noticed that
the C++ standard library isn't quite complete (for instance, no <valarray>),
but for the most part it's there. One other question: shouldn't
there be an <sstream> header, or has this been replaced by <strstream>?

Matt Reece
matt.reece@iname.com
swarsmatt@aol.com
-