Trying to figure out where the problem is: egcs, ld, cygwin1.dll, or other?

Jeff Bailey jbailey@nisa.net
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I'm having trouble figuring out what some code that I've written is
SegFaulting.

I am linking against the CA-Jasmine dll, and am getting a segfault form
inside the dll.  The segfault is consistant within a given compile, but
sometimes a working call will STOP working when code *after* it is
changed.  This doesn't make any sense to me.  The some code compiles and
runs fine in MSVC.

So the question is:  How do I track down what's causing the segfault?  I
had to put in the Jan 2nd binutils snapshot to link command line with a
.dll (Wonderful feature, thanks for the pointer DJDelorie!) and have
since also updated to Egcs-1.1.1, and the December 30th Winsup snapshot
to see if it would help.  The segfault is unfortunetly happening in the
vendor dll (according to gdb), so I can't even take a look at the code or
get much info out of gdb.

Pointers to FAQs, DOCs, appreciated.  I can provide a code sample to
anyone who wants to help directly, they're a little bit long to fill the
list up with.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey
jbailey@nisa.net