GDB Template Debugging Help (b20)

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

"Nirmal Prasad" <nprasad@truept.com> writes:
> i have a template class defined and implemented in a single header(.hpp)
> file. I am compiling using "gcc -g" option but after producing the
> executable the debugger does not trace thru the header i.e. it gives a
> warning when i try to step into the template implementation as shown below
> : -
> "
> Single stepping until exit from function Add__<mangled name of class>
> which has no line number information.
> 0x41b69e in LM31 ()

I've been trying to track this off and on without much success. I have a
nasty feeling that there is a "off by one" error in BFD that causes this
to happen, but that's just idle speculation at this point.

This bug was unfortunately somewhat better knowledge of the debugging
format than I can muster, so let's hope someone else will look at this.

Thanks for the bug report.

Regards,
Mumit

-