Has anyone ported Tcl/Tk using X11 libraries?

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Andrew Sumner wrote:

> I have tried to port by using/modifying the patches used in the
> windows-based port distributed with Cygnus.  I have so far been
> unable to get either Tcl or Tk to pass the 'make test' tests, and
> I am getting core dumps when binding an X-windows application to
> the libraries.

I've forgotten what I had to do, but I don't remember anything too
weird. Also, I believe I had built tcl/tk/tix/etc as static when
I was playing with the X port. Then again, it was probably really
painful and I just blocked it all out ;-)

Sergey has pre-built versions on http://www.lexa.ru/~sos/

Regards,
Mumit

-