Mingw32 egcs 1.1.1, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX and CreateProcess

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Bernard Dautrevaux <DAUTREVAUX@microprocess.com> writes:

> CreateProcess does not fill anything! you must pass both the file name
> and argv[0]... Note also there is various incompatibilities depending =
> on
> the system you're running on (3.x/95/98/NT) and the kind of exe you're
> starting (16/32 bits). Even Micro$oft agrees it's clumsy and difficult
> to understand... I think I've read that the best way when calling
> CreateProcess is to pass a null pointer as the name of program file to
> load and to put the full path-name in the argv[0] image.

Actually, it's a bug in trying to find the relative directories when
there're disk names present in the PATH. I'll get a fix and issue an
update. The current to-fix list:

  - fix signal handling on mingw32 so that SIGSEGV etc works. Thanks to
    Jacob Navia for his contribution to this.

  - a few header fixes. I screwed up dir.h in the current distribution.
    As a workaround, you can create a dir.h with "#include <io.h>" in
    it in c:/egcs-1.1.1/i386-mingw32/include directory.

  - A few small fixes to the compiler to avoid crashes.

Thanks to all those who're reporting bugs, especially with testcases!

Regards,
Mumit

-