Header <sstream> in egcs?

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

"Jon & Sue Trauntvein" <jont@tcsourceone.com> writes:

> I wa trying to compile a program using the <sstream> header (which defines
> the std::ostringstream class. The compiler was unable to locate this header.
> On further investigation, neither was I. Is this due to oversight or intent?

Neither. The current iostreams is outdated by a few years, and lots of
things not in it (eg., templated iostreams, ios_base, etc). EGCS C++ is
a leading edge C++ compiler, but it lacks a standard C++ library. Good
news is that it's being worked on, and there are development snapshots
available. For more info on the libstdc++ project, visit their web page
at http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++ .

Regards,
Mumit
-