Problems building lesstif

Stipe Tolj tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

> I've tried building lesstif 0.87.0 with Cygwin. When I run "sh configure
> --with-x-includes=/usr/X11r6.4/include --with-x-libraries=/usr/X11r6.4/lib"
> configure tells me that it can't find the linker ld. I have C:\cygnus\cygwin-
> b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin in my path. I also have it mounted as /bin. Typing "ld
> -v" prints out the version information so I know ld is in the path (the
> Windows path, anyway). Why can't configure find ld?

configure can't see your ld.exe since ld.exe returns a DOS style path. I had the
same problem running the configure script of mysql-3.22.x.

Simply search the text reported as error message within the configure file and
look for a switch argument dealing with paths. Looks like this in the mysql config
file:

  case "$ac_prog" in
  # Accept absolute paths.
  # Cygwin32 seems to need the C:\\* part since the previous does not work
  /* | A-Za-z:\\* | C:\\* | c:\\*)
    test -z "$LD" && LD="$ac_prog"
    ;;
  "")
    # If it fails, then pretend we aren't using GCC.
    ac_prog=ld
    ;;
  *)
    # If it is relative, then search for the first ld in PATH.
    with_gnu_ld=unknown
    ;;
  esac

This should fix your configure problem.