The Misc page (was RE: Minor Bugs fo

Lincoln, W. Terry TerryL@ultimatetechnology.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:35:03  0500
> To: Simon Fear <fears@roycastle.liv.ac.uk>, gnu-win32@cygnus.com
> From: Larry Hall <lhall@rfk.com>
> Subject: Re: The Misc page (was RE: Minor Bugs found)
>
> On NT, the comparable property setting is "QuickEdit Mode" on the
"Options"
> page...

The fast paste option only disables mouse input to the console app. It
does not control the speed of pasting as in Win95 land.  After selecting
the option the app no longer receives mouse notification and NT handles
the mouse externally to the program.
BTW...
I get the hangup on pasting in with QuickEdit selected or deselected,
hence it has no such effect on the pasting in cygwin.

> At 03:59 PM 1/12/99 -0000, Simon Fear wrote:
> >I have followed this with interest but on NT 4.0 I don't have a Misc
> >page under Properties (I have Options, Font, Layout and Colors; but no
> >Fast Pasting option anywhere).
> >
> >Is this because I'm too lazy to upgrade from 20.0 to 20.1? It's not in
> >the readme for the upgrade ...
> >
> >Simon Fear
> >
> >-------------- some previous comments follow ----------------

> >things
> >>
> >>This is rxvt, no console property what-so-ever...
> >
> >If this is a cygwin application, in a standard console window, then
you
> >need
> >to click on the property icon in the taskbar, switch to the Misc page,
> >and
> >then clear the Fast pasting option.
> >
> >However, if rxvt is not a cygwin compiled app, or it runs in
x-windows,
> >then
> >these tips will not apply.  Sorry!
> >
> >Will.