missing entry point _ctype_ in cygwin1.dll

tprince@cat.e-mail.com tprince@cat.e-mail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

While attempting to build egcs, I get a crash message indicating
that a program is looking for a missing entry point _ctype_ in
cygwin1.dll.  Under W95, the indication is that conftest.exe has
tried to link with this; under NT there is no such message, but it
occurs when attempting to link genopenit.  I believe that conftest
is a program which autoconf generates to test gcc features.  I
have re-installed from full.exe recently, hoping to make sure I
have a reasonable standard installation.  What have I done
wrong?  Have I got left-over .o files from a dev-src installation
which aren't compatible?
Dr. Timothy C. Prince
Consulting Engineer
Solar Turbines, a Caterpillar Company