How do I avoid buying MSVC++?

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Max Hadley wrote:

> Many thanks, Mumit, your suggestion appears to have fixed the problem
> and I can now compile and run the program without any errors.

Great.

> Is any of this documented anywhere? It does seem to me that a lot of
> traffic on this list comes from people like me just trying to find their
> way round Cygwin. A really good FAQ/read me first would help a lot.

Ahem, no. The wonders of Windows32 would take a lot of work to document
correclty (eg., if I were to document it, I'd surely not remember to
include the _declspec since that's not even in MS docs, and people still
keep on using it).

However, one of the purposes of the mailing list archives is to provide
*some* rudimentary form of docs until someone contributes some FAQs or
something of the sort.

Regards,
Mumit

-