gdb able to attach to a process

Horak Daniel horak@mmp.plzen-city.cz
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Hello,

is there a version of gdb (for B20) that is able to attach to a running
process and show some useful information?  I need to debug running
PostgreSQL server. The version from B20.1 doesn't work - it show for "where"
only "??". When I want to set a breakpoint, it writes "cannot access memory
at 0x..... I have tried also gdb for B19 from Sergey Okhapkin - it works
(with -nw option), but creates a core on exit and it have some problem (it
crashes when running without the -nw option) with the Tcl/Tk interface (I
think).

			Thanks,
				Dan Horak
-