from .lib or .dll to .a

Christian Ruetgers chr@1komma6.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Anybody out there, who might solve my problem:?

I want to change the "mysqlclient.lib" to a "libmysqlclient.a". The FAQ
sais:

$(DLLTOOL) --as=$(AS) --dllname DLLNAME --def DEFFILE --output-lib
LIBFILE

Due to the missing DEFFILE I try:

dlltool --as=as --dllname mysqlclient.lib --output-lib libmysqlclient.a

This works fine, but I have to create a DEFFILE and don't know how to.

OK, do dlltool -h and try anything like:

dlltool --as=as --dllname mysqlclient.lib -z my.def --export-all-symbols
or
dlltool --as=as --dllname mysqlclient.lib --export-all-symbols
--output-lib libmysqlclient.a

but nothing works. A libmysqlclient.a will be created with a file lenght
of 1530 byte.

Any ideas?

--
  ch.   |            Christian Ruetgers               |
        | 1komma6- Multimediale Dienstleistungen GmbH |