launching apps from different directories

Nicholas Zacharopoulos nzach@gsbs3.gs.uth.tmc.edu
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Hello folks,

I'm just getting familiar with cygwin and I have a few things I was
hoping to get some help on:

1) I have two disks on my NT box. when I'm in the c: drive (from within
the cygwin bash prompt) everything seems to work smoothly. however, when
my current directory is within the d: drive, things start acting buggy
(i.e. long delays and hangups) Does anyone have a clue.

2) where does cygwin maintain info regarding mounted filesystems, users,
etc.. (or does it just source NT files)?

3) is there a ported telnet application? or am I forced to use the MSDOS
one?

They would be much appreciated.

Thanx

Nick