porting a G++ package

Paul Blattner cxpaulb@ims.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Hi!

I'm attempting to port woring g++ code (about 20 source files plus
headers) to Win NT using Cygwin.

I've installed the latest (b20.1) binary release of the Cygwin toolset
by downloading and running FULL.EXE.

I updated to egcs 1.1.1 by untarring ecgs-1_1_1-cygb20-tar.gz into
the cygwin tree.  This seems to have worked well since I am accessing
version egcs-2.91.60 of the egcs executables.

The app that I'm porting is a text app with no fancy library dependencies.

Most of the .cpp files compile just fine.  Three or four, though, cause
cc1plus.exe to abort with a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception.

My CCFLAGS are:
-