How to compile simple C Prg Using GNU mips-tx39-elf-gcc without including eCos

Geoffrey Noer noer@cygnus.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999, Steven Vacca wrote:

> I have a TX39 Evaluation bd and am trying to compile a simple HELLO C
> program using the GNU C compiler mips-tx39-elf-gcc.   I initially want to
> exclude the eCos operating system from being included during linking so
> that I can just download a simple, very small little program which I can
> debug.
>
> Anybody know how to modify the linker script, target.ld, in order to do
> this?
>
> Also, where can I find the definitions of the command-line switches for
> this TX39 GNU compiler and linker?

Documentation is available from our WWW site:

	http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/

The "Using ld" section gives a fair bit of information on how to
write/modify linker scripts.  Hopefully that will be useful.

If you are not already a Cygnus customer, you may want to consider
purchasing support for the tx39 toolchain and/or eCos.  For more
information please contact info@cygnus.com.

Best regards,

--
Geoffrey Noer