Dlls @n symbols
Emanuele ALIBERTI
ealiberti@hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 00:15:00 GMT 1999
>I'll take a look at the doc. I believe the docs refer the number "1" below
>as the ordinal, not the @<n> number in foo@0.
>
> EXPORTS
> foo = foo@0 @ 1 ; 1 is the ordinal number.
In the doc it is actually written `@ <number>', near --kill-at, with a space
between @ and number. If not wrong, it is quite ambiguous: I didn't know
spaces are allowed in symbols.
>It turns out that Suhaib's problem is very different than yours.
It may be I misunderstood it.
>What you're telling the dll tools is that you want to link with Bar@0, but
>have the DLL export Bar; similarly with Foo. One way to get both in the
>export list is the following:
>
> LIBRARY sample
> EXPORTS
> Bar@0
> Bar=Bar@0
> Foo@24
> Foo=Foo@24
>
>Now sample.dll exports both Foo and Foo@24.
The goal for me is:
1. NOT having mangled names in the exports table
2. having an import library which lets ld lookup mangled names
3. having finally an application that imports UNmangled names
I succeeded only with step 1.
>dllwrap and dlltool both provide --add-stdcall-alias option just for this
>so you don't have to do this manually. See my dllhelpers examples for more
>info at http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/dllhelpers.html .
Thank you for answering and the URL.
Best regards,
Emanuele
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list