Problem with make

N8TM@aol.com N8TM@aol.com
Wed Jun 30 22:10:00 GMT 1999

In a message dated 6/9/99 9:45:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Kim.Brown@wl.com
writes:

> I have found GNU make to be buggy with some makefiles, especially those
>  generated by PERL install packages.  I just use nmake from microsoft
without
>  problems.  Anyone else have problems with GNU make?

Do you mean gnu make as in b20.1?  It has serious problems with recursive
makefiles (e.g. egcs configure and build).  For my purposes, replacing it
with make-3.77 has been satisfactory,  at least when running NT or W2K.  We
have had hints here that a modified make-3.77 will be in the next major
version of cygwin.