Postgresql 6. 5 cygwin ports available ?

Christian Jullien Eligis@wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 30 22:10:00 GMT 1999

Trying to make Postgresql running on my NT box,
I make 'make install'

Then I try to setup Postgres with initdb using 'postgres' or my valid
account 'jullien' but got :

38:/usr/local/pgsql>initdb --username=postgres

[: NOUSER: bad number
Valid username not given.  You must specify the username for
the Postgres superuser for the database system you are
initializing, either with the --username option or by default
to the USER environment variable.
39:/usr/local/pgsql>initdb --username=jullien

[: NOUSER: bad number
Valid username not given.  You must specify the username for
the Postgres superuser for the database system you are
initializing, either with the --username option or by default
to the USER environment variable.

I must confess that I still not have install the full Andy Piper, since I
want to know what is the _minimal_ requirement to run Postgresql. You said
that I need users and usergroups. Running 'users' (from full.exe cygwin
tools ?) says that /var/run/utmp did'nt exist, where did it come from ? I
created and empty one without more success.

Eligis: Christian Jullien (OOP consultant)
10, RUE REJANE - 95120 ERMONT (France)
Eligis@wanadoo.fr - +33 130.72.98.20