Problems with date algorithm

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU
Wed Jun 30 22:10:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Alfredo Ceballos R.  wrote:

> Thank You for your answer but I'm using mingw32 and I've already tried the
> new API definitions that you have mentioned but when I use the make file
> included in the distribution, it doesn't work. On the other hand, i was
> trying to use the function int64ShllMod2(), but the compiler says that is
> an unknown function, I also try to use a logical operation with a mask to
> split the 64 number and add it propertly but the compiler says that this
> kind of operations only must be done with integers.

Perhaps you can ask Anders for help if you can't get the new w32api
package to install.

As for int64ShlMod2, it complains because it doesn't exist.

> Could you please be more explicit in the description of the shifting
> method you have mentioned. Thank You.

Let's say you have a LARGE_INTEGER and you now want to convert that to a
64-bit integer (GCC supports ``long long'', equivalent to MSVC's __int64).

  LARGE_INTEGER li;
  unsigned long long l;

  /* fill up li with whatever. */

  l = ((unsigned long long) li.HighPart << 32) + ((unsigned) li.LowPart);

Regards,
Mumit