sh can't run any programs from script when PATH exceeds 2500

Chris Felaco cfelaco@openmarket.com
Tue Mar 2 12:09:00 GMT 1999

Upon further investigation, it appears that the real problem is when the size of the environment exceeds ~32K.  I cleaned up my path (bare minimum) and ran the enclosed script to prove my point.

I also wrote a cmd file to test the native behavior.  I didn't have any problems starting up programs with the large environment, but for some reason, not all of the environment gets passed to cygwin apps.  A simple env command doesn't list all of the variables I created.