[B20.1]: Permission denied, sometimes

OSKAR BERRETEAGA oskarb@fagorautomation.es
Thu Mar 4 06:39:00 GMT 1999

Hi, all

we're using B20.1 on several W95 machines and, on some of them,
the script to compile and link some C files fails. In fact, it's the gcc

that outputs "Permission denied" errors. This behaviour is not
deterministic
because if we try to compile the same file again it may or may not
succeed.
Moreover, gcc prints out, now and then, "Permission denied" errors
for the following file (?):

	\usr\include\.

I've checked and double checked for the existence of that file but
there certainly isn't such a file or directory in our computers.

I almost sure that it has to do with cpp because when adding the -E
option
to the compile line I still get the permission denied errors mostly for
real
include files.

I've attached the cygcheck output for both a configuration that works
perfectly
(cyok.txt) and for another one that exhibits the erratic behaviour
(cywrong.txt).
The ggc line we use to compile the file is:

gcc -c $PRJDIR/plcprg.c -o $PRJOBJDIR/plcprg.o -idirafter
$EXTRAINCLUDEDIR1 -idirafter $EXTRAINCLUDEDIR2 -idirafter
$EXTRAINCLUDEDIR3 -idirafter $EXTRAINCLUDEDIR4

I just want to add that it works most of the time. But...

Thanks in advance for any help