mount command

Richard Lyon rlyon01@ozemail.com.au
Mon Mar 22 11:41:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

There seems to be some shortcomings in the way the mount command works.

For example, I have cygwin installed on a primary partition C. A second
extended partition D is mounted using 'mount d:/ /home' . When I issue a
command like 'find / -name file -print' , only C is searched. Surely drive D
should be searched also?

If I try and use a file specification like /home/user01/filex.xbm in tcl
code, it does not work. I must always use d:/user01/filex.xbm . This breaks
a lot of code. I really don't want to add conversions in all my code.

Is mount this limited?

Regards ...