Help with installing

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 11:12:00 GMT 1999

--- Nirmal Vuppuluri <vuppun@hardy.ntd.comsat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I have just started setting up Cygwin's bash. I do the mounts and
> umounts as specified in the User's guide. But when I start Cygwin bash
> again after some time, I see that the mounts and umounts did not have any
> "persistent" effect. Its just like I am starting Cygwin bash the first
> time. I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

I believe that you are using NT, is this correct?  If so, you are a member of
the administrator group, is this correct?  If yes, to both of these, then you'll
have to modify the registry data with regedit to modify the root path.  You'll
find the key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus Solutions.  Follow the
paths until you find the appropriate one and modify the value.  If you do
`cygcheck -r' you'll have a list of the registry entries created/used by
cygwin.

===