Making DLL's.

Paul Sokolovsky paul-ml@is.lg.ua
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

Hello Mikey,

Mikey <jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com> wrote:

M> Who told you this, or how did you test it?
M> all you need to do for mutually dependant
M> .dll's is to create an implib from a .def file
M> before linking. see the msdn.

   I tried to split large dll in two smaller, I build them but none of
them could be loaded. I just have tried make it with clean trivial
example and it works, so that probably was other (mine) bug. Problem
is that windoze doesn't explain clearly where's error - it doesn't
load at all with that stupid status 'A device attached to the system
is not functioning' %) . By the way, testing that, I found that
dlltool doesn't want to export one-character symbols %)

M> On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:17:24 +0200, you wrote:

>>     To add more confusion (though maybe it not really matters in
>>practise), dlls can't be mutually dependent (tested on win95)

Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:paul-ml@is.lg.ua