Cygwin license

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

> I am legally bound to allow others also to download my modified
> source so that they can modify it as well.

The GPL doesn't require this.  It only requires that *if* you
distribute a binary, *then* you must distribute the source for that
binary.  You could take a copy of cygwin (which is GPL), edit it to
your heart's content, and never let anyone ever have a copy of your
modified version.

If you gave someone one of those modified dlls, it's a different story.

The GPL doesn't make you give out sources, it just stops you from
giving out binaries without sources.