Compiling Perl under b20.1

Steven Zeil szeil@mail2.cs.odu.edu
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

I compiled the 5.005_002 source distribution from CPAN with little difficulty.
The result seems to work well enough for the fairly simple scripts that I use on
a regular basis.

The README.cygwin32 file included with the distribution pretty much steps
through it.  The only deviation I recall is that, before doing step 4 (sh
configure), I found that I needed to edit the various paths in the
hints/cygwin32.sh file to tell it where my cygwin32 installation resided.   With
those changes, I just let configure use its defaults wherever possible.

Steve Zeil