[ANN] Creating Excel-callable DLLs with GCC - fails!

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Brown, Kim wrote:

> I tried to compile these DLLs on my Win95 machine.  I downloaded and
> installed egcs-1.1.2 just before I compiled them. I used the command "$
> make". I placed the DLLs in my c:\windows\system directory.  They both fail
> to work in my Excel 97 SR-1.  The compilation gives me a warning about "no
> export definition file...".  The output during compilation of f77dll.dll is
> below. Is this warning message expected? Anyone else have a problem?

Sigh ... Richard Stanton already reported problems with Windows95. I did
my tests on NT and those did work.

Could you please remove the "-s" from DLL_LDFLAGS in the Makefile and
retry? The stripping of the DLL may be causing problems.

> dllwrap --export-all --output-def f77dll.def --driver-name g77 -o f77dll.dll
> \
>     f77dll.o  -s --entry __cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry@12
> Warning:  no export definition file provided
> dllwrap will create one, but may not be what you want

Expected. It's there so you would look at the f77dll.def file to make sure
it's what you expect.

I'll test on a Win95 system hopefully today and see if I can find the
problem.

Regards,
Mumit