[ANN] Creating Excel-callable DLLs with GCC - fails! -works w ith 1999-01-15 DLL !

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Brown, Kim wrote:

> It works.
>
> Did as you requested.  Downloaded 1999-01-15 dll.  Renamed all the copies of
> the old cygwin1.dll to cygwin1.dll.old (had 3 on my system).  Replaced them
> with the newly downloaded dll.  Removed old cdll.dll from system. Compiled
> cdll.dll WITH the "-s" flag using "$ make".  Moved the cdll.dll to
> c:\windows\system\.  Ran the excel example (works).  Checked to make sure I
> was not recompiling the old MingW dll by mistake.

THANK YOU! I'm continually amazed how helpful netfolks are. Got the first
bug report within an hour of uploading the examples and a solution by next
morning.

> Incidentally, I was not sure if the binaries created under Win95 and under
> NT are identical, which is why I offered to send copies.

Unfortunately, debugging a DLL is quite hard, and I try to avoid it all
costs. Besides, my only W95 machine is an old laptop, and it's feeling the
blues right now thanks to a faulty network card.

Regards,
Mumit