find, ksh, and job control

N8TM@aol.com N8TM@aol.com
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

In a message dated 3/13/99 5:25:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com writes:

> Even on Win95, I will not suggest adding Cygwin to autoexec.bat.  Start
>  Cygwin using cygnus.bat.
>
>  I know a few users disagree.
I used to keep a cygcmd.bat which worked like cygnus.bat but used cmd.exe for
the shell.  There's no reason to do this any longer.  I'm liking this 19990308
snapshot binary install better than any of the previous versions, running
under W95/OSR25/USB.  I still had to install autoconf-2.13, and, out of habit,
make-3.77.

  BTW, I was very careful not to let any of the M$ installs put IE4 on, after
formatting the DOS partition, but the new AOL CD makes their special version
IE4.01 a mandatory part of the installation.  I see no bad effects from it, no
conflicts with Netscape 4.08 or anything else.