libc and crt support...

Greg Miller gmiller@classic-games.com
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

Brian Macy wrote:
> > For that matter, why would you even need such a function? Give me a
> > string stream any day.
>
> Because streams make anything besides trivial formatting absolutely hideous.

Well, I guess that's subjective and therefore not worth arguing, but
anything beyond trivial formatting is extremely rare, and I find it hard
to imagine how it could be worth the dangers and ugliness of
printf-style functions.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
President Clinton was acquitted; then again, so was O. J. Simpson.