[ANN] Cygwin DEV survey

Greg Miller gmiller@classic-games.com
Wed Mar 31 19:45:00 GMT 1999

Michael Weiser wrote:
> Why? Someone who can't do a tar -xzvf will also be unable to use
> cygwin after install. It's the old thread which shows up here
> regularly and I'm one of those who want tar's or even better rpm's.

Except that the above tar command isn't equivalent to a full
InstallShield executable. Further, many cygwin users just want to run
one or two pieces of UNIX software, not use a full simulation of UNIX.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
President Clinton was acquitted; then again, so was O. J. Simpson.