bash history not restored

Victor Ott vott@frank.de
Fri May 21 03:10:00 GMT 1999

Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> No matter what I do, I can't seem to make bash restore the command
> history from .bash_history when it starts.  During a session,
> interactive history mode works; moreover, current history is saved to
> the file when session ends.  But the next session will again start with
> empty history :-[
>
> Running Cygwin-b20.1, NT Workstation SP4, FAT fs, text mount.

I think it's the text mount. As far I've seen, bash imports history
entries from past bash sessions only when 'binmode' is set in CYGWIN
env. var., and that's what I am doing. Others might have other
solutions.

Victor
--
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message are my own and do not
            necessarily represent the official views of my employer.