So, how do YOU subscribe to a mailing list? (cygwin-xfree would-be subscribers take note)

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu May 27 10:43:00 GMT 1999

Here's a big hint on subscribing to an Internet mailing list:

You do NOT send email to the general mailing list address with a subject
of "subscribe" or a message body containing the word "subscribe".

It's not going to work for any mailing list software that I am aware of.

I'm not going to try to describe how to subscribe to the cygwin-xfree
mailing list again because apparently many people are not getting the
concept.  Instead, check out this page:

	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/index.html#faqs

It should help you actually get subscribed.

I know that I'll probably have to be posting this on a continual basis
until we get a web page up.  Then people can incorrectly send the
subscribe requests to the web page maintainer. :-)

-chris